1. Basic Policy
Mori Hills REIT (hereinafter “MHR") recognizes the importance of personal information (information including, but not limited to, name, date of birth, address, and e-mail address that is collected by MHR and can be used to identify a specific person (hereinafter “Personal Information")), and recognizes this as one of its most important social responsibilities. MHR and all of its staff are committed to appropriately managing and protecting Personal Information, and fully abide by the Law Concerning Protection of Personal Information (Law No. 57 of 2003) and other related laws, regulations, and guidelines in Japan (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Laws and Regulations”).
2. Collecting Personal Information
MHR collects Personal Information in an appropriate and legal manner on an as-required basis for purposes specified in clause 3 below. Prior to collecting Personal Information, MHR discloses on its Website the purpose and intended use of collected Personal Information. When MHR collects Personal Information of an individual upon concluding a contract with the individual via that contract or other written letters (including electronic records such as e-mail), or when Personal Information is directly provided to MHR via other written letters or e-mail, MHR shall clearly state the purpose and intended use of the Personal Information beforehand. However, when the purpose and intended use is obvious at the time from conditions of the Personal Information being provided, or it is permissible under other Laws and Regulations, etc., such disclosure may be omitted.
3. Purpose and Intended Use of Personal Information
MHR shall use collected Personal Information to the extent necessary for achieving the following purposes, and shall not use such information for any other purpose. Furthermore, MHR shall not change said purpose unless the change is accepted to be within a reasonable range:
- To exercise the rights and fulfill the obligations of MHR under the Law Concerning Investment Trusts and Investment Corporations (hereinafter the “Investment Trusts Law”), the Financial Instruments and Exchange Law (hereinafter “FIEL”), the Commercial Code of Japan, and other related laws and regulations
- To compile the unitholders' register mandated under the Investment Trusts Law, to prepare and submit MHR’s reports and statements mandated under the Investment Trusts Law, FIEL, the Commercial Code of Japan, other related laws and regulations, and directives from stock exchanges, etc. and to manage MHR’s unitholders’ information, such as compiling data of the unitholders
- To respond to inquiries and requests for materials made to MHR
- To facilitate borrowings and the issuance of corporate bonds and additional investment units by MHR
- To facilitate the acquisition or research of investment assets, to assess the acquisition of investment assets and the sale of such property by MHR
- To facilitate the leasing of investment assets by MHR
- To facilitate the compilation of financial results and other tasks related to accounting or taxation by MHR
- To execute appropriately and smoothly other tasks for MHR
- To facilitate the provision of Personal Information to third parties subject to the original stated purpose of use.
4. Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
- MHR shall not provide Personal Information to any third parties except in the cases specified in (2) or (3) below.
- MHR may disclose the following Personal Information to the following third parties in the following manner or under the following means to the extent necessary to realize the purposes specified in clause 3 above. Furthermore, Mori Building Investment Management Co.,Ltd.(hereinafter "MIM") the asset management company of MHR, shall terminate provision of such information to third parties based upon the request of the individual.
(Third parties to whom Personal Information may be provided:)
Counterparties or potential counterparties of contracts, such as for real estate transactions, registered real estate brokers, and financial institutions, non-life insurance companies, real estate management companies, lawyers, judicial scriveners, registered land and building investigators, real estate appraisers, certified public accountants, tax accountants, etc. that handle auxiliary businesses of real estate transactions
(Categories of Personal Information that may be provided:)
Name, address, contact, content of the contract, such as terms and conditions of a lease, and other items necessary for achieving the purpose of use of collected Personal Information
(Manner or means of provision:)
Written letters, postal mail, telephone, fax, internet, e-mail, advertising media, etc.
- MHR may disclose Personal Information to third parties if one of the following conditions is met:
- There is written consent.
- Provision and disclosure of the Personal Information is required by Laws and Regulations.
- It is necessary to protect human life or personal property (including corporate property), and obtaining consent from the relevant individual is difficult.
- It is particularly necessary for public health or the promotion of the sound upbringing of children, and obtaining consent from the relevant individual is difficult.
- It is necessary to cooperate with the national or local government or a party entrusted by the government to carry out operations required by law, and obtaining consent from the relevant individual may be a hindrance to carrying out such operations.
- When MHR discloses or provides the Personal Information to an entrusted organization under appropriate supervision, in order to facilitate the purpose of use of Personal Information.
- Any other condition where disclosure and provision is approved by other Laws and Regulations.
5. Management and Protection of Personal Information
MHR applies a reasonable level of effort and takes suitable measures necessary to protect and handle Personal Information appropriately, and to control access to and prevent unauthorized access, misuse, disclosure, alteration, loss, or destruction of Personal Information.
6. Consignment of Personal Information Management
MHR may consign all or part of the handling of Personal Information to third parties to the extent necessary for achieving the purposes and intended uses of Personal Information. In this event, MHR shall make appropriate and necessary supervisions to the third party to protect the handling of personal information and to select an appropriate party.
7. Procedures Relating to the Disclosure, Alteration, Suspension, and Termination of Use of Personal Information
MHR will take measures such as the disclosure, alteration, suspension, and termination of use of Personal Information, according to Laws and Regulations, after confirming such a request is from the relevant individual or an appropriately designated trustee of the individual. Please contact the Planning Department of MIM listed in clause 9. (1) for requests for the disclosure, alteration, suspension, or termination of use of Personal Information. However, all inquiries regarding amendments, additions, or termination of use for the unitholders directory shall be made, in Japanese, to Mitsubishi UFJ Trust Bank as listed in clause 9. (2)
8. Continuous Improvement
9. Inquiries Relating to Personal Information
If MHR receives a complaint about how it handles Personal Information, it shall carry out investigations of the complaint and shall appropriately work to address the complaint. Specifically, it shall strive to appropriately and swiftly process the complaint, etc. within a reasonable period of time. For all inquiries regarding Personal Information, please contact:
- For all inquiries regarding Personal Information, please contact the asset management company:
||Mori Building Investment Management, Co., Ltd.
||12-32 Akasaka 1-chome,
Minato-ku, Tokyo 107-6011
||9 am to 5 pm (Monday to Friday except holidays)
- Inquires in connection with the contents of the unitholders' register of MHR should be made in Japanese to:
||Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation
Call Center of Securities Agent Department
||7-10-11 Higashi-suna, Koto-Ku, Tokyo 137-8081
||9 am to 5 pm (Monday to Friday except holidays)